Make Questa your base camp!
We are the gateway to the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument. Surrounded by protected wilderness, Questa is famous for dramatic hiking trails, varied trout fishing, and stunning campsites.
Our Spanish frontier history is palpable, our events varied, and our arts scene lively!
Please access Questa’s municipal website for information about our government, local services, demographics, and more.
Round out your visit:
- Questa is just 24 miles north of Taos, full of fine dining, galleries, museums and Native American living history.
- Red River, with all its family-fun activities, is 12 miles to our east.
- The Great Sand Dunes National Park is 84 miles north of us; a beautiful drive straight north over the state line into Colorado.
Ease of arrival:
- Many guests fly into New Mexico and rent a car for the scenic drive north to Questa.
- We are a 2-hour drive from the Santa Fe airport, 103 miles.
- We are a 3-hour drive from the Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ), 160 miles away.
- Private planes may access the small Questa airport.
Several airport shuttles will deliver you to our doorstep, or a local bus ride away!
- Taos Ski Valley’s airport shuttle provides daily year-round service from convenient Taos locations, to Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports.
- Twin Hearts Express is a local company out of Taos. They serve both airports and all destinations into southern Colorado. Currently they are best reached directly by phone; 575-751-1201. By 2018 they should have a web presence under their new name; Sacred Hearts Transportation.
Contact us at info@VisitQuesta.com, or, phone 575-613-2852.
Our Visitor Center is located in the center of our village, just NE of our one traffic light! Open 6 days/week Memorial Day to Labor Day, with a reduced schedule in the off season (days/time dependant of staff projects and availability).
Questa Tourism, QEDF, PO Box 1072, Questa, NM, 87556